Vacationing to Indonesia is the best thing to get rid of the feeling of boredom caused by work activities. On holidays, of course, it would be nice to go to a place that can make your body fit and your heart happy. The Indonesian government has appealed to the public, especially in the red zone for handling Covid-19, not to travel and prefer to fill their vacation time at home with more useful activities.
Even if forced, they must adhere to health protocols and ensure that they are free from Covid-19 by getting checked out and carrying out rapid tests in health facilities. Safe and comfortable vacations are important, but it must also be realized that they can cause health problems if they do not comply with health protocols. We do not prohibit people from taking holidays, but still observe health protocols and avoid crowds,
If you have already made plans to fill your vacation by traveling to tourist attractions, it is better to prepare a few things before going on vacation. This is so that our holidays remain safe and health protocols can still be implemented. The following are tips for a safe vacation from the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy:
1. Determine safe tourist destinations.
Choose a tourist destination that is safe and not included in the red zone for the spread of Covid-19. To find out which areas are included in the Meah zone, we can see it on the website www.covid19.go.id.
This means that you are advised to visit destinations in areas that are included in the green zone so that the risk of being exposed to the Covid-19 virus is minimized. In addition, it is better if you visit nature tourism as there is usually more space to move so that close contact with other people can be avoided.
Also note that the nature tourism manager has implemented health protocols including limiting the number of visitors to 50 percent of normal capacity.
2. Find out the rules applied in tourist destinations.
Before leaving for the intended location, make sure that you have found out the rules applied by the tourist destination. Apart from the use of masks, there may be restrictions on the number of visitors, operating hours of tourist sites, the ticket purchase process, the rides opened and so on. Do not let you fail on vacation because you do not read the latest information about the destination destination.
3. Prepare mandatory documents.
Based on the Circular of the Task Force for the Acceleration of Handling Covid-19 Number 7 of 2020 and Regulation of the Minister of Transportation Number 41 of 2020, there are several documents that must be carried by everyone who wants to travel. If you are going to travel by train or airplane, you must prepare a Covid-19 free certificate. This certificate can be obtained by carrying out a rapid test or PCR test.
4. Always keep your body healthy before and during the holidays.
Health is an absolute requirement before you go on vacation, whether far or near. Before going on vacation, try to maintain your body condition by getting enough rest, and eating nutritious foods and exercising so that your stamina and immunity are maintained. You also need to maintain your health and still take the time to exercise during your vacation so you don’t get sick when you get home from vacation.
5. Order tickets online.
It is a good idea to purchase and book tickets online to avoid queues and direct contact with large crowds. If you are forced to buy at a direct sales counter, make sure that the management of ticket sales points at terminals, train stations and airports as well as tourism object managers have implemented health protocols including keeping a maximum queue distance of 2 meters.
6. Always carry a hygiene kit.
Never forget to bring medical supplies such as spare masks, hand sanitizers, disinfectants, wet wipes, dry wipes and liquid soap. You can add a face shield or face shield in the list of equipment to be carried. To be safer, you should also bring your own cutlery.
7. Try to do a staycation or traveling alone.
For those of you who are still hesitant to travel far, then you can choose to staycation or stay at a hotel in your own city. Going to the nearest hotel with attractive facilities can also be your choice to spend a long vacation. There are many hotels that have reopened with health protocols. Apart from a staycation, you can travel alone (solo traveling) to avoid crowds. Individual tourism can minimize physical contact with other people.
Don’t forget to always wear a mask, wash your hands, and keep your distance so that the holiday remains safe. The following are some guidelines for health protocols according to the Covid-19 Handling Behavior Change Guidebook published by the Covid-19 Handling Task Force on 18 October 2020:
1. How to wear a mask properly.
– Clean your hands with soap or hand sanitizer.
– The colored parts are in the front.
– Do not touch the front and inside of the mask.
– Make sure the mask covers the nose, mouth and chin tight.
– Change if the mask is damp or wet.
– Use a mask for a maximum of 4 hours.
– Throw away the disposable mask, how to remove the mask from the back. Then hold the front of the mask, cut out the middle and throw it in the trash.
– For cloth masks, wash them immediately with detergent and hot water. Dry in the sun and iron to the temperature adjusted for the fabric material used. Store in a closed place before reuse.
2. Always wash your hands.
Always washing your hands is important as it can kill the virus. Always wash your hands with soap and running water. Do the six steps to wash your hands properly, namely:
– Spread the soap with both hands.
– Rub the back of the hand and between the fingers alternately.
– Rub the inner fingers.
– Rub your palms with your fingers interlocking / locking each other.
– Rub the thumb in a circular motion in the hand and do it on both hands.
– Rub fingertips on the palms in a circle and do it on both hands.
3. Always keep your distance.
Always keeping your distance and avoiding crowds is one way to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Always follow health protocols and keep a distance of 2 meters from other people. Not shaking hands, holding hands, or hugging. Avoid being close to anyone and anywhere.
In addition to implementing the health protocol above, it is recommended to maintain endurance by:
– Bask in the morning sun for 5-15 minutes, 2-3 times a week.
– Regular exercise at least 30 minutes per day.
– Drink 2 liters of water per day.
– Get enough sleep 7-8 hours per day.
– Eat healthy foods and balanced nutrition.
– Take supplements or vitamins as recommended by your doctor.
Maintaining health is very good for the body. Come on, get interesting information and add insight from Indonesiar.com.